One night several years ago, we were living with my Dad in his basement in Manti. Mandon and I were laying in bed talking. Jaden was sleeping out on the couch in the other room and little baby Oakley was sleeping in his crib next to us. We were just talking about the day, when a dark feeling started to enter the room. I tried to brush it off, but it got stronger and stronger. I asked Mandon if he felt that feeling and he said he did. We decided to say a prayer to ask for it to go away so we did. It only got stronger. We felt the feeling to go get Jaden and keep him near us and we also got Oakley and put him in bed with us. The feeling got stronger. It was so dark and powerful. The strongest feeling I can describe is fear. We said several more prayers. It just got stronger. It was undeniably the presence of a very powerful dark spirit. We could hardly speak. The darkness of this spirit was like nothing we had ever before experienced even in our lowest darkest points of life. It seemed to almost consume us. Mandon was on his knees praying and mid sentence Mandon yelled out, "By the power of the Holy Melchizedek priesthood and in the name of Jesus Christ, I command you to leave!" Slowly the presence and the dark feelings started to fade away. I felt such relief. But as the darkness was fading, an absolutely glorious presence started to fill the room. We could not speak. We just sat and wept. There were multitudes of angels there and they just kept coming. The love we felt was like nothing I had ever ever experienced before. I knew that these were spirits that know and love us immensely, that are with us often in life and that are doing work and fighting along with us on the other side.
I've often reflected on this experience and wondered what it means and why it happened. Last night Mandon and I were talking about it and other experiences and how they all relate. We were able to gain a little more inspiration into what it means. Satan knows Mandon well. Mandon has had 3 priesthood blessings that have said that he knew and loved Lucifer in the pre-existence. It was hard for him to choose when Lucifer fell because he loved him so much. Mandon has something very important to do in this life and Satan knows the power and ability that Mandon has. He wants our Mandon destroyed. He knows that as long as this family is intact, as long as I am in the way, he cannot destroy Mandon and so he tries his hardest to tear apart our family. He wants this family destroyed. But there is so much divine help and intervention from people both on this side of the veil and the other. There really is a huge battle going on and we have seen and know too much to deny it. We know we have been called. We know these things are true and we know that our Lord and Savior is coming in his full glory. He is coming. He is coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment